menu

7.07.2017

BEST SOUTHERN PRALINES – Super Easy to Make


I have had this recipe for over twenty years.  I think it came out of an old Southern Living magazine /cookbook. I made a copy of a page that contains four recipes but there is no identification anywhere on the page.  I plan to make all four recipes so I’ll add them and I add the recipes.
I don’t know why I have recipes in my head that I consider hard to make but I do.  Pralines is one of those recipes that I always thought hard to make.  Maybe I used a different recipe in the past or maybe I’m just getting old and can’t remember things.  Either way, this recipe is super easy and can be made from staples in your pantry.

SOUTHERN PRALINES

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups of pecans

DIRECTIONS

  1. Combine sugar, milk, corn syrup, butter, and baking soda in a heavy saucepan; mix well.
  2. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
  3. Cook until mixture reach soft ball stage (232 degrees)
  4. Remove from heat and add vanilla and mix until creamy.
  5. Add pecans and stir.
  6. Drop from a spoon onto waxed paper.  Let stand until firm.
Yield: 3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10